We're Hiring!: Program Manager
Founded in the spring of 2005, the Minnesota International NGO Network serves to connect all international humanitarian and development practitioners and supporters based in Minnesota, through education, networking, and information resources. Whether you are new to the world of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) or a seasoned veteran, MINN is your forum to connect with colleagues and stay aware of what other NGOs based in Minnesota are doing around the world.
MINN is a collaborative, team-oriented, mission-driven workplace. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, able to manage multiple projects, and work well within a distributed team. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of MINN events (including the annual Summit conference) by empowering and organizing volunteers to implement this work, as well as help with the planning, scoping, execution, and evaluation of MINN events.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Activity Area: International Services
Category: Program Management
Closing Date: February 14
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $300 monthly stipend
Hours: 18-22 hours monthly
SCOPE OF WORK
- Attend 6 board meetings per year.
- Develop reports and metrics as needed for board decision-making; providing regular progress updates and plans for action items.
- Respond or acknowledge emails and questions in a timely manner (24-72 hours).
- Seek input and assistance from the Board of Directors as relevant.
- Attend monthly supervision check-ins with the Vice President.
- Attend monthly calls with the MINN consultant team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee Program Committee, including hosting monthly Program Committee meetings (including ensuring fulfillment of administrative functions like reminder emails with agendas and notes).
- Alongside MINN Board Members, provide strategic direction for the Program Committee. Ensure programs align with MINN mission and goals.
- Develop and manage MINN program calendar for website.
- Provide programming support to volunteers as needed, providing deadlines and holding final responsibility for execution of MINN programming.
- Liaise with other organizations and networks to host joint programming.
- Provide support, including through monthly group meetings, to co-chairs (the lead volunteers supporting Program, Summit, and Fellows).
- Provide feedback to co-chairs, and volunteers as appropriate throughout the year, about successes and opportunities in their work.
- Collaborate significantly with the Volunteer Manager to ensure volunteers feel supported and engaged.
- Prepare, synthesize, and improve MINN documentation about how to plan events and other programs.
- Develop a system for volunteer needs to be clearly identified and filled.
- Manage Program Committee Google Drive folder, ensuring easy access to program tools and planning materials, etc.
- Manage Program Committee budget.
- Oversee Eventbrite account.
- Interest in or experience working with any of the following: international humanitarian, aid, relief, development, or local MN-based immigrant communities
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work independently and self-direct projects/tasks
- Ability to collaborate with board members and other team members remotely
- Clear and effective communication style
- Virtual & In-person event planning experience
- Experience supervising or managing volunteers
- Familiarity with Minnesota’s international NGOs
- Fundraising and event promotion experience
- Experience in program evaluation
- Knowledge of or familiarity with project management tools such as Trello or Slack
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
This is a new position, which reports to the MINN Board Vice President.
As MINN does not have physical office space, this position is entirely remote. This position requires regular access to a computer and internet connection.
MINN is committed to hiring and advancing staff who represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following to Kyla Rathjen at [email protected] by February 14th.
Resume or CV
One page cover letter, describing relevant experience and your interest in the position