Stay Home! Digital Resources from MINN
As our communities navigate the current COVID-19 crisis -- staying apart to stop the spread of the virus, while coming together to support one another -- MINN is here to help you access the resources you need to stay connected.
We’ll be updating this blog post regularly with upcoming virtual events from members of our community, podcasts and reading material to help you grow your global development expertise from the comfort of your home.
We want your input! Please share digital events, articles, podcasts, or other resources relevant to the MINN community to [email protected].
Many great events are being hosted online. Check out these upcoming virtual events from MINN members and others in the nonprofit community:
May 27: Join MINN's virtual panel on Implementing Health Solutions During a Pandemic!
May 28: Nonviolent Peaceforce is hosting a Book Talk with Author Elizabeth Shackelford as part of their Nonviolent Cafe Series.
May 21: Envisioning the Future: Advancing Human Rights in a Time of Crisis - a virtual event from the University of Minnesota's Center for Global Heath & Social Responsiblity
Ongoing: Impact Hub's weekly online Coffee Chats on Wednesday's!
Ongoing: Virtual Learning events from the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
Ongoing: Connections by DME for Peace - This program will allow peacebuilders around the world to digitally connect with other practitioners, develop working relationships, and have real conversations about their work through this period of isolation.
PODCASTS + LITERATURE:
Consent in Development Podcast - featuring two of MINN's former Summit keynotes: Stephanie Kimou + Angela Bruce-Raeburn.
Ethical Storytelling podcast on storytelling for international NGOs.
Mama Hope's Stop the Pity campaign.
Cultivate International's "COVID19 & The Developing World – 4 Things You Can Do Right Now".
MUTUAL AID + OTHER SUPPORT:
Explore opportunities to support your community!
- HandsOn Twin Cities are showcasing many opportunities to support local relief by volunteering.
- Check out this very comprehensive national list of collective care resources for more ideas.
- This list from MSP Mag also includes local organizations who could use our support as they help vulnerable communities.
- Consider supporting the national Immigrant Worker Safety Net Fund.
- Disability Support International has put together a valuable list of COVID-19 disability resources.
- The Center for Victims of Torture has compiled a list of mental health resources (in multiple languages) for these trying times.
MINN is lucky to already work remotely with our volunteers, board and consultants. If you’ve been able to transition your work to remote but are struggling with the change, we've gathered some tips for you!
Trello Remote Working Tips
Tips from the World Economic Forum
New MCN Member benefit: discounted access to Zoom video conferencing
Check back here for more events and resources from MINN's partners -- and most importantly, take care.