Salzburg Global Scholarships Available to Mid-Career Minnesotans
The Humphrey School of Public Affairs, through its International Fellowship Programs office and a generous grant from the McKnight Foundation, is pleased to announce fellowship opportunities for local residents to attend the Salzburg Global Seminar (SGS). Limited grants providing a full or partial scholarship to the seminar are available based on certain eligibility criteria. We're sending you this information as we believe that you, or others with whom you work, may have an interest in attending a conference yet this year. Please feel free to share this invitation with any Minnesota resident who could benefit from these stimulating sessions.
The Salzburg Global Seminar is an independent, non-governmental organization, which convenes imaginative thinkers from different cultures and institutions, organizes problem-focused initiatives, supports leadership development, and engages opinion-makers through active communication networks, all in partnership with leading institutions from around the world and across different sectors of society. Its website can be found at http://www.salzburgglobal.org/
The following conference opportunities are available in 2011 in Salzburg, Austria:
Optimizing Talent: Closing Educational and Social Mobility Gaps Worldwide Education up to age 18 (Dec. 6 - 11).
The Challenges of Transition: Sharing Experience (Dec. 16 - 19) (addressing reform and transformation in the Middle East and North Africa).
More seminars are scheduled for 2012, and we'll be pleased to share information about those sessions in January 2012.
1. Current Minnesota resident.
2. Mid-career professionals from government, business, academia, and nongovernmental organizations.
To be considered for the scholarship, all applicants must send:
1. Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
2. Biographical sketch of 150 words or less.
3. A brief write-up (500 words maximum) on how the specific conference(s) you are applying to attend fits into the framework of your expertise and areas of interest. Please include how you intend to use your experience to benefit your community, the type of scholarship that you are seeking (full or partial) and why a scholarship is necessary.
Please send completed applications by November 23, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org or Humphrey School of Public Affairs’ International Fellowship Programs, # 55, 301-19th Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55455. Thank you.