NOW HIRING: Membership Manager
MINN is a collaborative, team-oriented, mission-driven workplace. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, able to manage multiple projects, and work well within a distributed team. The Membership Manager is responsible for timely and thorough management of MINN’s development system as well as communications with members focused on member retention. Secondly, the Membership Manager will focus on building new relationships and partnerships for MINN. The average expected monthly hours will be between 18-22 hours.
Founded in the spring of 2005, the Minnesota International NGO Network serves to connect all international humanitarian and development practitioners and supporters based in Minnesota, through education, networking, and information resources. Whether you are new to the world of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) or a seasoned veteran, MINN is your forum to connect with colleagues and stay aware of what other NGOs based in Minnesota are doing around the world.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Activity Area: International Services
Category: Membership Management
Closing Date: February 18, 2021
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $300 monthly stipend
Hours: 18-22 hours monthly
SCOPE OF WORK
- Attend 6 board meetings per year
- Develop reports and metrics as needed for board decision-making; providing regular progress updates on progress and plans for action items
- Respond or acknowledge emails and questions in a timely manner (24-72 hours)
- Other duties as assigned
- Process MINN’s memberships and send member renewal notices
- Use CRM to track and manage members and friends of MINN
- Find and develop new organization and corporate memberships
- Support the creation and distribution of the MINN Global Report
- Track organizational and individual member benefit usage
- Promote and develop member benefits to maximize retention
- Identify grant opportunities to diversify MINN funding streams
- Manage process of applying for grants
- In conjunction with MINN Communications Manager, send twice-monthly emails to members regarding job, internship, other member-exclusive opportunities
- Interest in or experience working with any of the following: international humanitarian, aid, relief, development, or MN-based immigrant communities
- Ability to collaborate with board members and other team members remotely
- Clear and effective communication and strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Google Suite and Zoom
- Ability to work independently, show attention to detail, and assume responsibility for self-directed projects/tasks
- A one-year commitment
- Prior experience in development, nonprofit member relations, or grant management
- Prior experience with MINN, either through attending events or through volunteering.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM platform
This position reports to the MINN Board President and works closely with MINN Leadership, including the Communications Manager, Membership Manager, and Program Manager.
As MINN does not have physical office space, this position is entirely remote. This position requires regular access to a computer and internet connection.
MINN is committed to hiring and advancing staff who represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
- Ability to make your own schedule
- Access to a working Board, with opportunities to attend meetings and network
- Opportunity to participate in the planning and execution of MINN events
- One free year of MINN membership
- Free admission to select MINN events
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following to Nicholas Hayen at [email protected] by February 18, 2022. Use the subject line “Membership Manager”.
- Resume or CV
- One page cover letter, describing relevant experience and your interest in the position