MINN Member Facebook Page
MINN was founded because of a problem. A development worker had recently moved to Minnesota from Washington, D.C., and was working to send medical supplies for pediatric heart surgeries to China. The materials were stuck in customs and needed to reach their destination. The development worker was at a loss for how to move forward. “Who can I call to move the materials through customs? Who knows the right person to ask?” In D.C., those answers were readily known with established connections. “Where is the Minnesota international NGO network that I can rely on? Where are my people?” Thus, MINN was born! 12 years later, MINN continues to foster connections through regular in person networking and education events, and now we have created a virtual space to do the same - the MINN Member Facebook page. Members, join to find and post job and networking opportunities, engage with member only content, and connect with other international practitioners and supporters located in Minnesota! Need to navigate customs in Kenya? There is a MINN member who has done it before! Looking for a model on sustainable agriculture practices in arid climates? Ask MINN! Is your organization hosting its annual fundraiser? Leading a discussion? Sponsoring a documentary screening? Share with MINN members! Support and engage with our community - hope to see you there!
Not yet a Member? Now is the time to join!
Here are just some of the benefits of MINN annual individual membership:
- The Annual MINN Global Report: receive up-to-date information on international NGOs in Minnesota disaggregated by area of the world they work, focus area, funding sources, staff size (here and abroad), willingness to accept interns or volunteers and contact information.
- Attend MINN Education events for one year, free of charge.
- Receive a 20% discount on individual tickets for MINN signature events, including the MINN IDEA Summit.
- Be the first to be informed of international employment opportunities via the MINN Members Only e-newsletter.
- Receive priority registration to MINN’s most popular events, including MINN Talk & Tours and breakout sessions for the MINN IDEA Summit.
- Receive recognition as a supporter of the MINN community at the IDEA Summit through a member-only MINN badge