Join MINN's Board
MINN is looking to engage new Board members for the 2018 calendar year. Leaders are being sought to help MINN work toward its vision of being the leader in providing a collaborative environment for Minnesota-based international NGOs. Since being granted 501(c) (3) status in 2011, leadership has been striving to develop the organization’s structure and nurtures its growth so that it may more effectively act as a forum for international practitioners and supporters to learn, network and exchange professional expertise.
We are looking for diverse individuals who have an interest in MINN and a passion for the work we do. To best support MINN, we seek diversity in professional and educational expertise, knowledge, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
MINN Board members are expected to attend approximately 5 Board meetings a year, dedicate an additional six to ten hours per month to advance the Board and MINN’s work, and act as a champion for MINN among international NGOs and the broader community in Minnesota.
Please attach your resume and answers to the following questions along with a brief cover letter by November 15th. Please do not exceed 3 pages in your responses. Email your application materials to MINN Vice President Jeannie Fox at: email@example.com.
- Why do you want to be on the MINN board?
- What specific skills and experiences do you have that you think would be most beneficial to the MINN board?
- Skills in:
- Have you volunteered for MINN before in any capacity (committee, event support, etc.)? If so, please explain how you expect your role as a volunteer board member would be different.
- Please briefly explain previous board experience and any board leadership roles you have fulfilled.
- Is there any additional information about you that you would like the sub-committee to know?
Applications will be reviewed by a board sub-committee; interview invitations for the first round of accepted candidates will occur by the end of November with interviews scheduled at the beginning of December. Final candidates will be notified and voted upon at the last board meeting on December 12th.