Evaluating International Programs: Innovations, Challenges, and the Future
Join your colleagues from across the region to share and explore current evaluation practices and innovative approaches. This program is a joint effort of the Minnesota Council on Foundations, The Minnesota Evaluation Association and the Midwest International NGO Network.
- Who: NGOs, funding organizations, evaluation professionals, and academics involved with international evaluation initiatives
- When: 1:00 - 4:00 pm, September 13, 2010
- Where: Wilder Foundation, 451 Lexington Parkway North, St. Paul, MN 55104
- Cost: $10, payable at the door or on Eventbrite
- Michael Quinn Patton; organizational development and evaluation consultant. Dr. Patton is former President of the American Evaluation Association (AEA). He is the only recipient of both the Alva and Gunner Myrdal Award from the Evaluation Research Society for "outstanding contributions to evaluation use and practice" and the Paul F. Lazarsfeld Award for lifetime contributions to evaluation theory from the American Evaluation association.
Plus, explore in depth case studies through presentations by:
- OPUS Philanthropy Group; Mary Pickard, Principal Advisor
- Land O'Lakes International Development; Frank Valdivia, Manager for IS and Monitoring & Evaluation and Elizabeth Hutchinson, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The discussion will be facilitated by:
- Glenda Eoyang; pioneer in the field of complexity and human systems dynamics (HSD). Glenda is a gifted teacher and practitioner who blends theoretical insights with practical experience to help others observe, decide, and act in the most complex and challenging situations. She has been a featured speaker in professional and academic venues around the world.
Space is limited and preference will be given to those who will contribute to professional diversity of the group; please only register two people per organization. The fee for the event is $10, payable at the door. To register, please complete the attached registration form and return it to Jill Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st. Successful registration will be confirmed by September 3rd. We look forward to seeing you and sharing your experiences in international evaluation!