Call for MINN Board Expansion
Monday, November 25, 2013 - 00:13
The Minnesota International NGO Network (MINN) is seeking to expand its Board for the 2014 calendar year. Additional leaders are being sought to help MINN work toward its vision of being the leader in providing a collaborative environment for Minnesota-based international NGOs. Since being granted 501(c) (3) status in 2011, the leadership of MINN has been striving to develop the organization’s structure so that it may more effectively act as a forum for international practitioners and supporters to learn, network and exchange professional expertise.
We are looking for diverse individuals who have an interest in MINN with a passion for the International Development, NGO and Humanitarian Community. To best support MINN, we seek diversity in professional and educational expertise, knowledge and cultural and ethnic backgrounds. To supplement the backgrounds of continuing Board members, individuals with skills or experiences listed below are especially encouraged to apply:
- Legal, Risk and Compliance expertise
- Accounting, Advisory and Financial Management Expertise working in Public Accounting or related, preferably in a non-profit context
- Affiliation with an Immigrant, Refugee, and/or Asylee focused organization in Minnesota
- International NGO Management, Program development and implementation expertise
- Organizational Development and/or Strategic Planning
- Information Technology, CRM Implementation and Management expertise
- Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations and Communications Strategy and/or Implementation expertise
- Fundraising and Philanthropic Development expertise
- Board Governance
- Previous experience volunteering with MINN
MINN Board members are expected to attend approximately 5-6 Board meetings a year, dedicate an additional six to ten hours per month to advance the Board and MINN’s work, and act as a champion for MINN among international NGOs and the broader community in Minnesota. Additional responsibilities, desired competencies, and principles are discussed in the attached document.
If you are interested in being considered, please submit a resume and your responses to the attached document to [email protected] by Sunday, December 1, 2013. Questions may also be directed to the same address. Final candidates may be contacted for an interview.